compatibility Re: License committee report for January 2008

Ernest Prabhakar ernest.prabhakar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 19:17:54 UTC 2008

Hi Alexander,

Not sure what your point is.  The FSF -- like the OSI -- discourage
incompatibility, and work hard to minimize it.  That is very different
than mandating it.  In fact, given our anti-proliferation policy, we
might actually take a harder line about incompatibility than they do.

Also, in the future, it would be helpful if you would provide a couple
sentences of context about *why* you are positing or linking to
someone else's words, to help minimize misunderstanding and
confusion.  Heaven knows this list has enough of both already. :-)

Thanks,
-- Ernie P.
L-D moderator