DRAFT FAQ: Free vs. Open

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Jan 11 23:50:11 UTC 2008

Tzeng, Nigel H. writes:
 > Perhaps OSI's neutral stance on proprietary software is born from
 > pragmatism but it does allow the OSI to be inclusive rather than
 > exclusive.

We're not neutral; we have an opinion.  We think open source
development and distribution is better *for you*, but we recognize
that you may disagree with us, and we don't judge you if you disagree.

The Free Software Foundation, on the other hand, judges you.  And very
often, people who use the term "Free Software" agree with the FSF's
judgement.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software