OSI enforcement? (Was Re: Microsoft use of the term "Open Source")

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Sat Jan 5 18:49:22 UTC 2008

Rick Moen wrote:
> Thus, maybe a similar drawing for "Open Source"[tm] would be useful --
> and, in particular, would help improve on SPI's 1998 attempt to register
> the bare phrase "Open Source" with USPTO, which failed for that reason
> and others.

Searching for the OSI-certified logo lead me to
http://opensource.org/trademark, then
http://opensource.org/trademarks/opensource/web/ a directory of Open
Source drawings.  They are like the OSI Certified drawings, but instead
say open source.  I had either forgotten those existed or never knew in
the first place.  And there's even a button
(http://opensource.org/trademarks/open_source_button.png)

Matt Flaschen