OSI enforcement? (Was Re: Microsoft use of the term "Open Source")

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Jan 2 14:18:44 UTC 2008

Russ Nelson scripsit:

> "Compel" is such an ugly word.  While governments may have a monopoly
> on legitimate violence, violence is not the only way to change
> people's behavior.

Why the jump from compulsion to violence?  You, for example, have the
power to compel me not to post to this list, but that's hardly an act
of violence, though some might wonder about the justification.

--
You're a brave man! Go and break through the            John Cowan
lines, and remember while you're out there              cowan at ccil.org
risking life and limb through shot and shell,           http://ccil.org/~cowan
we'll be in here thinking what a sucker you are!
        --Rufus T. Firefly