OSI enforcement? (Was Re: Microsoft use of the term "Open Source")

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Jan 1 22:27:47 UTC 2008

On Jan 1, 2008, at 10:49 AM, B Galliart wrote:

> As much as Chris Travers' line of reasoning bothers me, I don't think
> it is a sign that he is either a complete or even mostly a moron.  I
> recommend that the OSI still takes what he says as representative of
> what others may think.

Please don't shoot the messenger (me), but the message that I've
heard is that OSI has no power to compel people to stop misusing the
term "open source".

Here are the sources which have led me to this opinion:

http://lwn.net/Articles/211800/

http://lwn.net/Articles/241984/

http://lwn.net/Articles/239780/

Regards,