LGPL Help

Chuck Swiger chuck at codefab.com
Wed Feb 20 17:38:10 UTC 2008

Hi, John--

On Feb 19, 2008, at 11:15 PM, John Drakes wrote:
> As far as my understanding goes, LGPL allows the use of the software
> libraries for even commercial applications.

That's right.

[ ... ]
> With the above information, can I assume that I can use the GWT-ext
> libraries in my application development without any restriction?

Well, you still need to comply with the LGPL terms, which contain
*some* restrictions or obligations, but they do not require you to
disclose your proprietary source code the way the GPL would.  The URL
to the licensing page for this GWT-Ext which you mentioned tries to
make this clear.

--
-Chuck