encforceability of Open Source Licences (Re: (OT) - NOT A Major Blow to Copyleft Theory)

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Feb 14 04:38:53 UTC 2008

zooko writes:
 > On Feb 9, 2008, at 10:27 AM, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:
 >
 > > I agree. This conversation should move to the Closed Source
 > > Initiative's license-discuss email list. Or the Business Software
 > > Alliance's. Or whatever they call themselves these days.
 >
 > I have found Alexander Terekhov's posts very interesting (especially
 > recently, as he seems to have toned down the ad-hominem and focussed
 > his rhetoric), because of my abiding interest in Open Source.

Then you should encourage Alexander to send them directly to you.

The problem is exactly as Larry states it: The only people who know
aren't talking, so everybody who is opining doesn't know.  While you
may appreciate speculation, the rest of us think it's a FWOMPT.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software