(OT) - NOT A Major Blow to Copyleft Theory

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Feb 9 16:48:22 UTC 2008

Quoting Matthew Flaschen (matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu):
[Terenkov snipped]

> Well, that settles it.  Clearly, if you performed an act, and your house
> was not immediately swarmed by SWAT, that act must be legal.

There are companies that don't give a damn in general about unauthorised
redistribution of its freely downloadable proprietary software (such as
Microsoft Corp.), and ones that will rabidly enforce copyright on such
items at the drop of a hat.  My impression is that Adobe Systems is
bannerman for the latter squad.

And no, this doesn't concern OSI other than in a noise-reduction sense.