(OT) - NOT A Major Blow to Copyleft Theory

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Feb 8 22:12:54 UTC 2008

Quoting Russ Nelson (nelson at crynwr.com):

> Essentially you are saying that it's impossible to restrict the
> distribution of downloadable copyrighted materials.
[...]
> That's a great legal theory.  Tell me when you get a judge to sign off
> on it.

I'd personally like to see Terenkov _test_ his theory, using, say, a
downloaded copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader for which he sets up an
unauthorised redistribution site.  We then bring this to the attention
of Adobe Legal, which should give the man's hypothesis a suitably
vigourous validation.

I understand that Adobe Legal are extremely helpful in such matters.

--
Cheers,                    "Send a policeman, and have it arrested."
Rick Moen                     -- Otto von Bismarck, when asked what he