Strong Court Ruling Upholds the Artistic License (fwd)

Ben Tilly btilly at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 00:10:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw.com> wrote:
> Ben Tilly asserted:
>> Therefore it was through this list that they got connected with the
>> legal help they needed.
>
> To make sure that credit goes where it is really due: the connection between
> Mr. Jacobsen and his attorney was made on the EFF list. If anyone, the
> Electronic Frontier Foundation should get credit for providing lots of pro
> bono advice to people on the edge of technology.

This I had not known.  Thank you for the further
information/correction.  I only knew what I said, which is that I
first heard of this case through an email here, and I tried to forward
them on.  I have no idea how many other places they looked for and got
help as well.

> There are many EFF fans on this list. EFF does good work.

Yes, and yes they do. :-)

I should donate again...

Ben