Open source licenses, using licensed source code under new licenses

Radcliffe, Mark Mark.Radcliffe at dlapiper.com
Sat Apr 5 00:23:45 UTC 2008

As General Counsel of OSI, I think that you need to speak with a lawyer,
because the answer to your question depends on how the various parts of
the project interact. You have particular problem because CC licenses
are designed for creative works, not software, so they are unlikely to
work well with the other licenses. Naturally, this is not legal advice,
since I don't have enough information and you are not currently my
client. If you want to hire a lawyer to resolve the issue, I suggest
that you consider either Gwyn Murray or Larry Rosen. They are both very
experienced in this area.

Gwyn Murray
Law Offices of Gwyn Murray
E-mail:	gwyn at mataulegal.com