Sendmail licence

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Apr 3 16:04:45 UTC 2008

Raj Mathur scripsit:

> Is the Sendmail licence (http://www.sendmail.org/ftp/LICENSE) OSI
> compliant?  Seems to be a BSD with an added GPL-type clause.
>
> Note: I'm not asking if it's approved, only compliant.

The OSI as an organization doesn't judge licenses for compliance: it only
approves (or fails to approve) licenses submitted to it for approval.
Beyond that, there is only the opinion of individuals.

My opinion is that this license is compliant.

--
Man has no body distinct from his soul,                 John Cowan
for that called body is a portion of the soul           cowan at ccil.org
discerned by the five senses,                           http://www.ccil.org
the chief inlets of the soul in this age.  --William Blake