Scope of copyright on derivative works

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 18:16:43 UTC 2007

On 9/29/07, Chris Travers <chris.travers at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Note that Alexander conveniently neglected Mr Rosen's point that:
> "But from a licensing perspective, the entire
> Changed Work is under the GPL; the original components--or what remains of
> them in the source code--remain licensed under their respective licenses."

???

Only modifications are under the GPL. The rest of "Changed Work"
("what remains of them in the source code--remain licensed under their
respective licenses") is obviously not. The entire "Changed Work" is
NOT under the GPL.

regards,
alexander.

--
"PJ points out that lawyers seem to have difficulty understanding the
GPL. My main concern with GPLv3 is that - unlike v2 - non-lawyers can't