Scope of copyright on derivative works

Chuck Swiger chuck at codefab.com
Fri Sep 28 21:46:24 UTC 2007

On Sep 28, 2007, at 2:32 PM, Smith, McCoy wrote:
> I take it then that you believe the "conditions" in the license
> include
> the "permission" therein, and that that "permission" is included in
> "this list"?

"Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
are met:" is a grant of permissions, contingent upon retaining the
text of the copyright, terms, and disclaimer.

Yes.  (For what it's worth, I had more difficulty parsing your
question than the text of the BSD license.)

--
-Chuck