OSI Approval process

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 28 21:17:37 UTC 2007

You have visibly not read the LGPL, which names itself as “Lesser GPL” not
as “Library GPL” as it was the case in the very old 1.0 version.

This is even clearer with LGPLv3 which defines itself as the GPLv3 plus some
additional permissions (as defined in the GPLv3), and which is then
explicitely defined as a GPLv3 compliant implementation. The term used in
the LGPL since long is “Lesser” not “Library”, even if it contains some
additional permissions that are specific to libraries, it does not reduce
its scope of application to any kind of copyrightable content, for which the
terms of the GPL still apply, terms that are restricting some rights except
those that are *additionally* and *optionally* granted by the LGPL.

  _____