Scope of copyright on derivative works

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:17:53 UTC 2007

On 9/28/07, Smith, McCoy <mccoy.smith at intel.com> wrote:
> "Preexisting elements of 'its expressive whole'
> remain under the BSD license."
>
> Perhaps it would help those you want to convince if you could point out
> where in the BSD license that is stated or implied.

Recall that the BSD license doesn't grant the right to sublicense.

See also this:

http://opensourcelaw.biz/publications/papers/BScott_BSD_The_Dark_Horse_of_Open_Source_070112lowres.pdf

He even argues that BSDL is as reciprocal as MS-CL(RL)!!!

I'm not that demanding. :-)

regards,
alexander.

--
"PJ points out that lawyers seem to have difficulty understanding the
GPL. My main concern with GPLv3 is that - unlike v2 - non-lawyers can't