For Approval: Boost Software License - Version 1.0 - August 17th, 2003

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Sep 25 00:52:44 UTC 2007

Alexander Terekhov writes:
 > Nor this is a structured approval request conforming to whatever rules
 > you might have at the moment.

Okay, since you have told me not to, I won't include your license in
the next committee report.

 > Show initiative, OSI board.

The world doesn't need your license approved.  You need your license
approved so that you may use our trademark.  If you choose not to do
that, then that is your choice.  *I* don't need to show initiative;
you do.  That's why those requirements are there -- to reduce license
proliferation.  Martin Fink no doubt believes that he set OSI on the
course of reducing license proliferation, but we were doing it years
before he ever noticed it was a problem.

Basically, you're asking me to do your homework.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | People have strong opinions
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | about economics even though