a plea

Scott Shattuck Scott.Shattuck at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 22:23:02 UTC 2007

+10000

I might even go so far as to suggest that only messages specifically
relevant to the following points be acceptable:

1) a new license or license revision is being submitted;
2) a previously submitted license/revision is being withdrawn;
3) a submitted license is being questioned relative to conformance
with a specific OSI clause
	3a) a "show of hands" is being requested (+1/-1) from the community
relative to the specific clause objection
4) a submitted license has been recommended for:
	4a) rejection based on failure to meet the one or more specifically
called out OSI clause requirements,
	4b) approval based on no specific clauses being violated,
	4c) a "show of hands" is being requested (+1/-1) from the community
relative to the recommendation
5) announcement of the board's decision, based in part, but not
wholly upon, the community vote.

I could go further and suggest that all messages use a structured
form defined by the OSI ala: