For Approval: The Simplified BSD License

Arnoud Engelfriet arnoud at engelfriet.net
Fri Sep 7 13:19:30 UTC 2007

John Cowan wrote:
> David Woolley scripsit:
> > Maybe I don't understand this phrase (IANAL),
>
> "All rights reserved" has no legal meaning, and is included in many
> copyright notices (including those printed in books) under the
> influence of obsolete copyright treaties.

This is absolutely correct unless you first publish in Nicaragua
and want protection in Honduras. Or vice versa. And there's a
handful of other countries in the same situation.

http://homepages.tesco.net/J.deBoynePollard/FGA/law-copyright-all-rights-reserved.html

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch & European patent attorney - Speaking only for myself
              Arnoud blogt nu ook: http://blog.iusmentis.com/