For Approval: The Simplified BSD License

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Sep 7 10:58:21 UTC 2007

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

>>> All rights reserved.
>
> You will find identical wording in many other OSI-approved licenses,

As a non-lawyer, I could be wrong, but I suspect that people include
this phrase because they have read that they need to do so, not because
they understand it.  I suspect what is actually required is a statement
of the licence, then "all *other* rights reserved".  Hopefully it would
be read under the assumption that it was added without understanding.

--
David Woolley