what *is* the approval process?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 4 05:01:16 UTC 2007

Quoting Donovan Hawkins (hawkins at cephira.com):

> See, this is why killfiles are not sufficient. It takes too long for
> new guys like myself to learn who all the nuts are, by which point
> we've replied to them several times thinking we were engaging in
> useful dialog.

I can't help taking the longer view, and thinking it's a self-limiting
problem:  People who make goofy yet complicated, monomaniacal legal
claims generally make clear that they partake of the loon nature pretty
quickly.  It's also rare for license-discuss to have three ones active
simultaneously.  Usually, they burn out after about a month.

It's possible that I'm a bit soft on tireless Net cranks.  They can be
fun in a "Hail Eris!  All hail Discordia!" sort of way.

--
Your font is:      Proportional  Monospaced
                                      ^