[OT] Noise filter, was: For Approval: GPLv3

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Mon Sep 3 14:00:50 UTC 2007

On 9/2/07, Tobia <tobia.conforto at linux.it> wrote:
> Rick Moen wrote:
> > This mailing list attracts a certain number of licensing trolls
> > thrilled by the apparent opportunity to waste busy people's time.
> > But we have killfiles.
>
> "a certain number" being two? :-)
>
> I know it's OT, but this otherwise very interesting list made me pick up
> man procmailrc again (daunting but rewarding task!) and I came up with
> this noise filter, that you and others might find useful:

If OSI really wants to become relevant again, maybe step 1 would be
'make license-discuss useful for/usable by those who don't have
procmail installed.' If OSI is happy to have license-discuss be what
one friend called a 'cesspool', then I agree wholeheartedly that
passing around procmail recipes is a great way to do it.

Luis (using procmail to solve the trolls is like saying "I don't care
about global warming, I have air-conditioning!" or "I don't care about
corruption, I'm getting a cut!")