For Approval: GPLv3

Eugene Wee eugenew at starhub.net.sg
Sat Sep 1 19:30:52 UTC 2007

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> See up-thread. I personally release my Open Source stuff straight into
> public domain with a notice that "This may be used for any purposes
> whatsoever without acknowledgment." So I'm not affected.

I suggest that you summarise. I doubt if anyone interested in OSI
certification for the GPLv3 really cares if you release your own
software into the public domain, which has its own set of problems anyway.

If you do not wish to be characterised as a "license troll" as Rick Moen
has disparaged, you might also want to drop such phrases as "I am the
daughter of the US President".

Regards,
Eugene Wee