For Approval: GPLv3

Eugene Wee eugenew at starhub.net.sg
Sat Sep 1 18:27:26 UTC 2007

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> Basically, the recent decision by federal district court said that
> Open Source licenses are bunk. Damages? Easterbrook: "Linux and other
> open source projects have been able to cover their fixed costs through
> donations of time."

What exactly does this have to do with the approval of GPLv3 as an OSI
certified license?

As a non-lawyer pedestrian to this list, I am getting very confused
here. Open Source licenses are bunk (as in nonsense)? All of them? I had
the impression that this discussion only concerned the GPL in its two
most recent versions.

Regards,
Eugene Wee