Blogger claiming "shared source" is approved by OSI

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:08:35 UTC 2007

On 10/23/07, Alexander Terekhov <alexander.terekhov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/23/07, Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar at golux.com> wrote:
> > Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > >
> > > Uhmm. When did I agree (manifested assent) to the above mentioned
> > > opensource.org ToS?
> >
> > When you enter a store, do you explicitly agree to not stand in
> > the doorway ranting at people as they come in?  I doubt it.  Is
>
> The statement "your marxist state of Kerala" is a statement of fact.
> Go ask Kerala's Chief Minister Comrade VS, Polit Bureau member of
> "Communist Party of India (Marxist)" since 1985
> <http://www.vsachuthanandan.org/>. So it was not ranting.

That is an interesting area where we could argue for several days.  I
decided against replying to it on this list.  I may do a blog entry on
that question sometime.

However, even allowing for that, I that it is pretty clear that you
tend to rant frequently and are as immovably fixed in your position in
the face of reason and fact as President Bush (or RMS if the
Debian-legal threads concerning the GFDL are any indication).  And for
that reason alone I would say you are probably not here to engage in
2-way discussions about anything.  If this is, as you say, the purpose
of the list, then wouldn't you agree your posts are outside that
purpose?

I am not saying we should ban you at this moment.  It is clear that
you *have* been involved in the open source community in various ways
including as a developer, and you *have* provided a fair amount of
interesting information to this list, your ranting aside.  But I do
think you are outside any reasonable interpretation of what is healthy
for this list, and I think that these posts are a warning to that
effect.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers