Blogger claiming "shared source" is approved by OSI

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 14:23:07 UTC 2007

On 10/20/07, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:
[...]
> In any case, he's a Platform Strategy Lead at Microsoft Portugal,
> and someone who I expect will "sell" shared source, together with
> his cronies, at our Government on the basis of OSI having approved
> two shared source licenses, so shared source is good and open-sourcy.

Ah. Now, *that* indeed must be a kind of terrifying to you. I suppose
the next step is that he and his cronies will be selling shared source
to your Government calling it Free Software and suggesting that shares
source "licenses aren't contracts" just like GNU. (Former Ms-CL, now
Ms-RL, will be renamed back to Ms-CL with 'C' standing for Copyleft.)
No?

http://mailman.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/press-release/2005q4/000120.html

Anyway, to my eyes shared source as umbrella term looks pretty
open-sourcy in the sense of opening up the sourcy to various degrees
depending on specific license terms. You probably disagree. I suggest
that you together with other T-shirt dressed RMS lovers start
picketing and running in circles around your Parliament and other
governmental domiciles shouting "Freedom! Freedom! Shared Source is
Not Good! Shared Source is Not Enough Open Sourcy!!!". Educate your
Government, Rui.

regards,
alexander.

--
"Live cheaply," he said, offering some free advice. "Don't buy a house,
a car or have children. The problem is they're expensive and you have

      -- Free Software Foundation's Richard Stallman: 'Live Cheaply'