BSD-like licenses and the OSI approval process

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri Oct 12 20:00:04 UTC 2007

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> Go ahead Larry, work hard on reviewing it all day and night, I'll most
> likely die before seeing you in court asserting copyright on such
> collection.

What is there about the collection that I would need to assert? I'm using
AFL 3.0 because I intend to give my collection away to the public, while
only protecting myself from fools and villains who want to sue me for doing
good deeds.

Isn't that the real motivation for all BSD-like open source licenses?

Don't worry, I'll get you to click on "I ACCEPT" when you first download or
sign up for an account on my website so that my rights under AFL 3.0 are
protected without you having to die first. :-)

/Larry