BSD-like licenses and the OSI approval process

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 14:02:45 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw.com> wrote:
[...]
> 3. I'd then distribute all that software from that website under the AFL 3.0
> license. (If FSF can distribute BSD-licensed software under the GPL, and
> Microsoft can distribute it under proprietary licenses, I can certainly

I know that for some people it is close to impossible to grok that
BSD-licensed software remains copyright-licensed-under-BSD-license
irrespective of EULA type contracts governing the use of Microsoft
software, but at least I would expect that you check it with Microsoft
Legal regarding your confusion. What did they say to you?

regards,
alexander.

--
"PJ points out that lawyers seem to have difficulty understanding the
GPL. My main concern with GPLv3 is that - unlike v2 - non-lawyers can't