For Approval: Boost Software License - Version 1.0 - August 17th, 2003

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Oct 1 21:06:57 UTC 2007

Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen <at> gatech.edu> writes:

> Russ Nelson wrote:
>
> > The world doesn't need your license approved.  You need your license
> > approved so that you may use our trademark.  If you choose not to do
> > that, then that is your choice.  *I* don't need to show initiative;
> > you do.  That's why those requirements are there -- to reduce license
> > proliferation.
>
> What requirements still need to be satisfied for this license to be
> considered?

Can someone who knows please tell us?  We had a professional (pro bono) lawyer
trying for months to get our license approved, and he got no response from OSI.
It gives the impression of a catch-22: they won't approve the license and they
won't tell us what's necessary in order to approve it.  As far as we can tell we
fulfilled all the publicly-visible written requirements.