public? Re: Call for Votes: New OSI-Editors List

Zak Greant zak at greant.com
Tue Nov 27 23:17:50 UTC 2007

Hey Ben, Greetings All,

On 11/27/07, Ben Tilly <btilly at gmail.com> wrote:
> We're agreed on the general principle.  Just not on how to draw the
> line to avoid conflicts of interest.

Righto.

How do the other nominees feel?

> > So far, we have 11 editors nominated, accepted and validated; another
> > 5 nominated and validated editors just need to accept to bring us up
> > to 16 editors.
> >
> > There should be more than enough of us to triage issues. If one or
> > five of us needs discontinue triaging a given issue, it shouldn't be
> > that bad - another editor can pick things up.
>
> Note that there is a danger in having too many editors.  Which is that
> if a lot of people all think someone else will take care of the issue,
> then often nobody will act and things slip through the cracks.

Yes and no. I'll bet that a number of the nominees won't find time to
consistently edit.

Until we get a healthy community of editors going, I'll take
responsibility for nudging the process along and asking people to take
defined responsibilities.

--
Cheers!
--zak