Better tools for tracking issues

Zak Greant zak at greant.com
Fri Nov 23 08:37:31 UTC 2007

Greetings All,

I've hacked up a greasemonkey script that adds some useful information
to the crywnr.com OSI mailing list archives.

If you install the script and then visit a message in the archive that
has been triaged, you will be shown a list of tickets that relate to
that message.

This will make it a lot easier for all of us to see if an issue we
care about has already been triaged (or how it has been triaged.)

It will also make it much easier for the editors to avoid duplicating work.

Additionally, if you are an editor creating tickets, you can just
click a link to fill in a new ticket with some useful info (like the
standard footer that I use in tickets, a likely component for the
ticket - eg. if license-discuss@ set component to License Approval,
etc.)

Read more (and grab a copy at)
  http://zak.greant.com/life-on-the-lagging-edge-greasemonkey-rocks/