FOR APPROVAL: The license of Multics

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 21:24:23 UTC 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 11:31 AM, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:

> Do you mean it's incompatible with GPLv3, or just OSD-compliant?  If you
> think it's incompatible, why is that?  I think it's pushing it, but can
> still claim to be an "author attribution".

Would anyone argue, if you treated the history section as a section 7,
para 3(b) legal notice, would anyone question your ability to do that
under the GPL v3?

I see no reason to suggest that the MULTICS license is incompatible
with the GPL v3, provided that section 7 para 2 doesn;t reach it.

Best Wishes,
Chris Tragers