What should the License Result Communication Process be?

justin at postgresql.org justin at postgresql.org
Wed Nov 14 05:28:47 UTC 2007

Quoting Ernest Prabhakar <ernest.prabhakar at gmail.com>:

> Hi Justin,
>
> On Nov 13, 2007, at 3:40 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
>> If so, some rough on-the-spot thoughts of things to include (not in order):
>>
>> + Something on website listing licenses "in queue" (plus date)
>>
>> + Something on website giving visual process flow (flowchart?)
>>
>> + Something on website listing licenses accepted, rejected, and
>> perhaps "needing further work for re-submission".
>
> We'd love to do stuff like this, the difficulty is finding someone to
> commit to doing it.  Any volunteer Drupal programmers willing to help?

No worries.  Are you thinking of having some kind of work flow tool
whereby the information is entered and the website and contact points
are updated/emailed automatically?

If we go and ask directly the Drupal people for a volunteer - I'm
thinking on their mailing lists - that might find the right person(s)
to do that kind of thing.

However, it's unknown amount of effort, and could take some time to be
realised.

Would it be acceptable to implement a manual approach in the meantime,
until something more automatic and efficient is in place?

(i.e. someone updates the pages manually, emails the relevant places manually)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift