Politics-Free Licence ;)

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 18:03:11 UTC 2007

My mistake - I shouldn't have introduced the jurisdiction point into
this discussion.  I'd borrowed the idea Creative Commons licences, and
I am aware of the (good) arguments against.  It's not really the point
I'm interested in.

But I don't agree that the major point I'm talking about is a "corner
case".  The FSF asserts that the GPL affect libraries (especially C
libraries) in a particular way.  Not everyone agrees.  I would like to
be able to licence a python library that can be used to create open
source software but not proprietory software.  There is some doubt at
least as to whether the GPL actually achieves this aim, and that is
why I would like a licence that makes the point clearer.

Best wishes,

N.