when is an open source license open source?

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Thu Jun 21 05:29:23 UTC 2007

Michael Tiemann wrote:
> Today I read a blog posting from Dana Blankenhorn
> (http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1123) that has compelled me to
> respond.  I may well be preaching to the choir on this list, but the
> blog posting I wrote in response (http://opensource.org/node/163) is a
> request for the choir to now sing as one.  If I am asking you to do
> something you do not agree with, I'm sure you'll let me know.  If you do
> agree, now is the time to be heard.  Thanks!

I really dislike that guy's writing.  Its not even just open source.  He
just repubs press releases and gets most of his facts wrong then spouts
ill-informed opinions.
http://blog.buni.org/blog/acoliver/opensource/2007/06/21/Dana-Blankenhorn-is-STILL-trivial-and-doesnt-know-what-hes-talking-about

Not the first time he's earned my disrespect:
(http://linuxintegrators.com/acoliver/blog/2006/12/08/x-0291.html)

-Andy

--
Buni Meldware Communication Suite