jurisdiction and venue

Ned Lilly ned at openmfg.com
Mon Jul 30 20:53:19 UTC 2007

Apologies if this is an FAQ, but I wasn't able to find it...

Are you permitted to change the jurisdiction and/or venue in an OSI-approved license?  For example, if I wanted to use the new CPAL, I see that it is governed by California law, and the venue for any litigation would be Santa Clara County.

Is it still considered the same license if the licensor changes the locations for jurisdiction and venue to one that is more convenient/appropriate to its own company?

Thanks,
Ned Lilly