how much right do I have on my project, if there are patches by others?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sat Jul 7 17:34:07 UTC 2007

Fabian Bastin scripsit:

> In case of a dispute, which legislation should prevails, the US or
> the European one if there are actors on both sides of the ocean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_laws is quite good on the
subject, which is a very difficult one involving the application by
courts of foreign law.  Clicking on the links in the right-hand infobox
will provide a wealth of further information on the subject.
Be prepared, hackers; if you thought ordinary domestic law was
vague and complicated, here's what happens when lawyers get their
hands on such hackerly concepts as recursion and self-reference.

(The .sig below was chosen at random without knowledge of the subject
of this email!)

--
The first thing you learn in a lawin' family    John Cowan
is that there ain't no definite answers         cowan at ccil.org
to anything.  --Calpurnia in To Kill A Mockingbird