Which license to use?

kloprogge at pointlogic.com kloprogge at pointlogic.com
Thu Jan 11 23:32:00 UTC 2007

I'm quite new to open source and feel somewhat overwhelmed with all the licenses available and OSI approved.

I have two questions and would appreciate your thoughts.

- I represent a for profit comapny and considering turning one or two products to become open soure (OSI approved). However, I would like to assure that my company is seen as the driving force behind those products and get the credit for this. As such I would like the product to be branded towards the company. Is there any license you would recommend, I would like a simple basic and clear license that would cover this.

- What are the rules with regards to having software that includes modules that can be distributed freely but for which source code is not available?

I appreciate your help,

Peter

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile