update on attribution license discussion

Ross Mayfield ross.mayfield at socialtext.com
Sun Feb 25 03:05:58 UTC 2007

Pardon the delay, we've been working on it while business is wonderfully
busy, and we will submit a license in the next 1-2 weeks to meet this
process.

Ross

On 2/1/07, Michael Tiemann <tiemann at opensource.org> wrote:

> As you may know, the initial license submitted by SocialText for review
> by the license-discuss committee has been withdrawn for revision.  The
> OSI board held a meeting this morning to discuss, among other things,
> the state of the attribution discussion, and two things are clear:
>
> 1.  The license-discuss members are as engaged as ever, and have shown
> great initiative by organizing the arguments that reflect their
> position.  I'd like to say thank you for those who have participated in
> that exercise.  (And to say "stay tuned" as we await whatever new
> license comes next.)
>
> 2.  We don't know precisely when we will see new text, so the deadline
> that I set for making a decision must be reset.  I believe that if we do
> see new text in the next 1-2 weeks, it will likely take 1-2 weeks to
> revise/update the various positions to relate to the new text, which
> means that the OSI board might--might--be able to render a decision
> based on the recommendation of the license review committee in March.
> The OSI board re-commits to being responsive to this issue, both in
> terms of hearing all arguments and acting in a timely and responsible
> fashion.  There are some really important issues wrapped up in these
> discussions, and we want to render a decision that is both correct and
> empowering.

Ross Mayfield
CEO
Socialtext, Inc.
ross.mayfield at socialtext.com
aim:rossdmayfield
skype:rossmayfield
t. +1-650-323-0800
f. +1-650-323-0801
company: http://www.socialtext.com
weblog: http://ross.typepad.com
many-to-many: http://www.corante.com/many
this email is: [ ] bloggable [ x ] ask first [ ] private