Unisys joins OSA

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 18 22:33:06 UTC 2007

It just means that at least they will support integrate open source software
on their systems, and will provide support for it; so indirectly they will
need to participate to its maintenance, and will provide quality control on
the open-source software they use. They may also add more support for some
specific hardware or currently unimplemented software options.

After all, IBM does the same thing, and this has greatly helped providing
many resources to investigate the Linux kernel and secure it, or improving
it where necessary. It has also offered more legal protection for the
open-source software they need in their system.

I can't imagine that they join this alliance without needing open source for
their own solutions. If they need it, Unisys will commit a permanent working
team to improve and support open sourced software and everybody wins...

So thank you to Unisys, and welcome to the community.