Introducing Open Solutions Alliance

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Feb 6 05:49:33 UTC 2007

Quoting Brian Behlendorf (brian at collab.net):

> p.s. - I asked Rick an off-list question back when the attribution thread
> started because I wasn't sure about my own line of legal reasoning for
> something, and wanted to avoid public embarrassment, since Rick can be
> pretty devastating in his replies.  Looks like that didn't work!

I'm sorry you feel that way, and certainly meant no offence:  I mostly
noted the primary OSA backing (and presumable founding membership) from
Dark Horse Ventures DBA CentricCRM, whose supposedly "open source"
licensing is extremely and categorically proprietary by basically
anyone's standards, including (say) John Roberts / SugarCRM.  You say
you don't approve of that sort of behaviour, and I certainly believe you
-- and yet you're running the panel discussion that announces the trade
group's existence to the world?  I don't quite get that -- but look
forward to learning more on the 15th.

I was flattered that Brian asked me my feedback offlist, and was of
course glad to provide it.

--
Cheers,       "Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me
Rick Moen     that curiosity killed the cat, I say only that the cat died nobly."