Microsoft use of the term "Open Source"

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Dec 31 20:45:30 UTC 2007

Chris Travers writes:
 > In essence, the OSI does *not* claim any protection or authority over terms
 > such as "open source."

Just exactly WHAT are you talking about?  Are you a complete moron or
are you just mostly a moron?  OF COURSE OSI CLAIMS AUTHORITY OVER
TERMS SUCH AS OPEN SOURCE.

Any doubt about it now?

 > In fact, the OSI's claim on the lack of authority
 > over the term "open source" seems clear and unambiguous.

Only because you have poop for brains.  Would you please go away and
find another hobby, cuz ... you aren't helping us.

 > Secondly, MS-RL is an ambiguous term.  I don't remember the OSI approving
 > the Microsoft Reference License [Agreement aka MSR-LA]...

The problem, Chris, is that you are a frigging idiot.  I have put up
with your nonsense and uselessness lo these many months simply because
you haven't gone over the edge into stupidity.  You just have.

Plonk.  And I speak as the OSI postmaster when I say that.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software