FOR APPROVAL: The license of Multics

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Dec 14 19:49:40 UTC 2007

Matthew Flaschen writes:
 > The license is OSD-compliant, but I would prefer not to approve it for
 > the reasons given above (not too late to use another license, totally
 > unusable in other code, no warranty, and same effect as new BSD).

We can approve it as obviously being open source, and immediately
deprecate it.

Or we can say "Okay, we're never approving another license; if you
want it to be Open Source, CHANGE YOUR LICENSE."  But that presumes
that people can change their licenses at a cost lower than not having
OSI Approval.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software