Question on OSD #5

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Dec 14 00:41:35 UTC 2007

Tzeng, Nigel H. wrote:
> Look guys, there's no difference between what I was thinking about
> and what was already approved under the Jabber Open Source License
> Section 5:

At the moment, that page (http://opensource.org/licenses/jabberpl.php)
is broken on the website so I can't verify your quote.  It does say that
license is deprecated, so I don't think the OSI would be eager to
approve a license that attempted to do the same thing.

> Any corporate or government project that can get a statute or
> government regulation enacted to steal my code is part of the
> Illuminati and is welcome to do whatever they want with it.

Are you /really/ claiming the government never changes the law for their
own benefit?

Matt Flaschen