Take 3: Editors and Trackers

Brian Behlendorf brian at hyperreal.org
Sun Dec 2 22:16:34 UTC 2007

Count me in favor of both a wiki and a Trac database where changes are not
limited to the small pool of "editors" or "experts", but widely available.
On some wikis, it can be configured such that any change instantly
triggers an email detailing the change to those who wish to receive such
notices; I would see that well within the charter of the "editors", who
would pounce as soon as someone's placed something there that shouldn't be
there.  Requiring registration will stop some spam; if not enough, we can
move to a model where registrations must be approved by the editors, but
such approvals happen quickly.  There might be some other fine-tuning
possible - it would be reasonable to configure Trac to not allow issues to
be closed except by a smaller group of "experts" and "editors", for
example.

 	Brian