Take 3: Editors and Trackers

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Sat Dec 1 13:35:55 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 7:25 PM, Ernest Prabhakar <ernest.prabhakar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> > If that's the case, then I propose we separate the discussions.  Let's
> > assume that the Editorial Board that I am proposing is only
> > responsible for the *wiki*, to ensure that the information provide is
> > maximally useful.  These are people with extensive open source
> > experience, but not necessarily very much time.
>
> Given the (admittedly limited) positive response, I've taken the step
> of proactively editing the wiki to add a new category of helpers:
>
>         https://osi.osuosl.org/wiki/tracker
>
>         • About the OSI Trackers - The administrators who help manage the
> ticketing process

+1.

> in contrast to
>
>         https://osi.osuosl.org/wiki/editor
>
>         • About the OSI Editors - The "committers" who maintains this wiki

So, I admit I haven't been following this discussion very closely, so
perhaps I'm misreading the page. But it seems to suggest that this
wiki (as opposed to all other wikis) will allow only experts to edit
it. Obviously, having a core of people who maintain and oversee edits
by others is not a bad thing (~Administrators in wikipedia-speak), but
if I'm understanding it correctly, allowing only those people to edit,
and no one else, seems a bit bizarre to me.

Luis