For Approval: GPLv3

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 20:01:48 UTC 2007

On 8/31/07, Raj Mathur <raju at linux-delhi.org> wrote:
[...]
> phrase "Whether and when" clearly indicates that there is no implicit
> or explicit contract created as a consequence of the GPLv3 itself.

Just a while back former Indian Law Professor ("teacher of law for a
short time once")  Mahesh T. Pai promulgated that "the person making
the contract (the copyright holder in case of works under GPL)..."
<details>

I once again suggest that you contact him directly (saving traffic
here) regarding questions about contract status of the GPL in India,
and its governing law (Indian Contract Act), Raj.

regards,
alexander.