For Approval: GPLv3

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 19:36:04 UTC 2007

On 8/31/07, Chris Travers <chris at metatrontech.com> wrote:

(quoting FSF)

> we have intentionally structured our license as a unilateral grant of copyright
> permissions, the basic operation of which exists outside of any law of contract.

Yet when defending itself in Wallace v. FSF lawsuit, the Free Software
Foundation went on record with this:

------
Plaintiff's mischaracterization of the GPL in his Response has no
bearing on the resolution of the pending Motion to Dismiss because
the Court can examine the GPL itself. "[T]o the extent that the
terms of an attached contract conflict with the allegations of the
complaint, the contract controls."
------

regards,
alexander.