(OT) - Major Blow to Copyleft Theory

Arnoud Engelfriet arnoud at engelfriet.net
Mon Aug 27 15:17:26 UTC 2007

David Woolley wrote:
> Arnoud Engelfriet wrote:
> >"Would you like a cookie?" - "Yes."
> >Offer, acceptance - contract.
>
> My impression was that, at least in the UK and US, contracts required
> either consideration, or, for the UK at least, being executed as a deed
> (the latter being why the non-disclosure agreements I've signed tend to
> have to be witnessed).

That is my understanding too. The above quotes were intended as
an example of contract formation under European civil law.
Offer, acceptance - contract. No consideration necessary.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch & European patent attorney - Speaking only for myself
              Arnoud blogt nu ook: http://blog.iusmentis.com/