MS-PL/GPL compatibility, was Re: For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License

Wilson, Andrew andrew.wilson at intel.com
Thu Aug 23 22:18:23 UTC 2007

Alexander Terekhov wrote:

> Ten bottles of best German beer to you if you'll manage to get
> FSF/SFLC go on record with that regarding GPLv3 and confirm that bits
> like "the source code for shared libraries and dynamically linked
> subprograms that the work is specifically designed to require, such as
> by intimate data communication or control flow between those
> subprograms and other parts of the work" is nothing but drivel about
> derivative works under Copyleft Act in the GNU Republic.

So, absent the snideness, rudeness, mechanical repetition
of one stock phrase ("the AFC test"), and weasel wording,
what little remains is that you just don't like copyleft licenses.

As Rick Moen would say, this is not your blog.  As I would say,
if you don't have anything relevant to contribute that is germane to the
licenses under review, butt out.

Andy Wilson
Intel open source technology center